What is coaching?
Coaching is the art and science of helping you find your own answers. The art bit is using intuition, doing creative activities and connecting on a deeper level. The science bit is listening in a structured way and using the right tools at the right time. Finding your own answers makes you more likely to follow through on your commitments.
How can coaching help me?
As your coach, I can help you get unstuck. Throughout our coaching partnership, we will address three big questions.
- “What do I want?” – the hardest question of all, this is about getting clarity and visualizing your ideal future.
- “What needs to happen for me to get there?” – we create an action plan and set goals which we track.
- “What is my next step?” – this is when you start implementing the action plan, progressing and learning along the way.
How does it work?
Here are the steps of our coaching engagement:
- Book your 30min free consultation to discuss what you would like to achieve and to answer any questions you have.
- Choose your Coaching package
- Book your Discovery session (1.5-2h). This is our first coaching session. We design our coaching relationship, you tell about your needs and motivations, we set goals and introduce the basics of coaching.
- Second & third coaching sessions (1h): I will usually recommend the topics for these based on your needs identified during the Discovery session. Some of these topics are: values, life purpose, inner strength, and negative voices.
- Coaching sessions after that (1h) are open to topics you choose to explore. For example, goals we have set during the Discovery Session or other challenges or dreams that come up in your daily life.
- Last session: we review your journey (we track progress throughout all sessions and the last one is like a summary) . I can also help with exercises, materials and whatever else you need to continue your development.
- We stay in touch and you keep me posted on your awesome progress. I feel very proud of you. You can come back any time for more coaching.
How long is each coaching session?
Each coaching session is 50-60min. Our first coaching session (Discovery) is 1.5-2h.
What happens in a coaching session?
At the beginning of the session, we debrief your accountability* from last time. We then address the topic you have chosen for the day. We may visualize, draw, move, make stuff or have a thought-provoking conversation. I encourage you, challenge you and hold up a mirror so you can see yourself more clearly. At the end, you summarize the key aha’s and I may give you an accountability to further your development before the next session.
*accountability is what you commit to do (or not to do) inbetween sessions
When will I see results?
My clients usually start to feel the impact of coaching within the first three sessions. During this time, they gain a lot of clarity on who they are, what is important for them and why they are stuck. Of course, they also work hard outside the sessions to apply what they have learnt. By the end of our coaching engagement, clients are more confident and have made significant progress towards their goals. Here’s what they say.
How much does it cost?
You can see all the packages, validity and payment details on the Coaching packages page.
What does 'co-active' coaching mean?
As a co-active coach, I believe people are naturally creative, resourceful and whole. I believe you have imagination, even if you haven’t used it for a while. I believe that if you truly want or need something, you will find a way to make it happen. I see you as a whole individual already, one that doesn’t need fixing and instead needs guidance, encouragement and a little push once in a while.
Is coaching the same as therapy or counselling?
No. There are 2 main differences. One: coaching is future-focused. You briefly summarize the background and then we focus on where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow. Two: we are equal partners. You are expert at your own life and I am expert at bringing out clarity and driving action.
Is it confidential?
Absolutely. Our coaching is 100% confidential. This holds true even if your organization is paying for it.
Where does it take place?
Luckily, you get the same results from coaching on the phone, skype and face-to-face. Just let me know if you prefer to call or skype me, or if you want to come over to Dubai Marina.
What if I don't complete my package?
If your sessions are within the validity period, you get a refund calculated in the following way: Total paid – (Number of sessions taken x Single session rate). The 2h discovery session is charged as 2 single sessions.
There is no refund for sessions outside the validity period.
I'm ready for my next coaching package - how will it work?
It’s great to have you back! As we have already laid the groundwork, the first session is a Re-discovery (1.5-2h). In it, we i) refresh the tools we developed last time, e.g. your values, ii) identify where you stand right now and iii) set goals for what you want to achieve. From there we dive directly into the topics you want to address.
Get all your answers
Book a free 30min consultation over phone or skype. Ask me all your questions and discover what coaching could look like for you.