Leadership Empowerment Program:
Navigating Uncertainty and Creating Wellbeing for You and Your Team
The pandemic has turned our work and personal lives upside down. Our core beliefs have been challenged and we are having to adapt in real time. It has become increasingly difficult to take care of our wellbeing. Opportunities for going out, exercise and travel are limited and that makes mindset even more critical for our overall wellbeing. With the Kuwait restrictions continuing into 2021, people are becoming ever more fearful of the uncertainty ahead.
The objective of this program is to enable leaders to navigate uncertainty and to create wellbeing for themselves and their teams.
Who is this program for?
This program is for mid to senior level leaders and managers working in organizations who are members of the UIC (Union of Investment Companies in Kuwait).
- 12 x 90min group coaching workshops, running every month from August 2021 to July 2022
- Delivered over Zoom
- Highly engaging and interactive
- Taking ownership of their wellbeing, redefining their own work-life balance and feeling empowered
- More resilient leaders who have the right mindset and tools to navigate change and uncertainty in a sustainable way
- Higher engagement as employees align their impact with the purpose of the organization and re-discover the meaning of their jobs
Benefits for participants
- Practical application
- Practical assignments in-between sessions
- Workbook with tools and resources
- 3 x 30min individual goal-setting and follow-up sessions (at the beginning, middle and end of the program)
- Continuous support
- Video recording
- Email support anytime
Benefits for the organization
- Focus on business priorities
- Customized content based on needs assessment
- Flexibility to adapt the program based on feedback from key stakeholders
- Valuable insights
- Highlighting of additional challenges and recommendations on how to address them
- Minimal incremental workload
- Outsourced management of all admin and logistics of the program
- Marketing materials to communicate the program internally
"Valuable insights and resources"
The program was successful in further transforming the mindset and behaviour of our leaders, bringing them closer together despite working remotely during the pandemic. Specifically:
- Increased confidence and personal growth in their roles
- Leaders’ wellbeing improved as they are better able to take care of themselves and balance their work and life despite the additional pressures of the pandemic
- Despite the pandemic, the business stabilized following a period of difficulty
Desi brings her personal touch to everything she does – from sharing her inspiring personal story of overcoming adversity to providing a safe and confidential space where leaders can speak openly without feeling judged. We also appreciated her valuable ideas and resources. We trust her fully.
“Top insights on how to lead remotely”
We hired Desi to deliver a development program for our top regional leaders, focusing on collaboration, trust and conflict management. She provided new perspectives and was able to challenge the way our leaders think, leveraging her experience of working with multiple large organizations.
The program enhanced the leaders’ self-awareness and re-focused them on how they can be better role-models for the rest of the organization. It was very interactive, a great learning experience and an opportunity to connect with and learn from peers. It provided insights on how to navigate team challenges when working remotely.
"Inspired reflection and self-realization"
We partnered with Desi to deliver the opening session for the launch of our women’s network. The workshop focused on Self-Empowerment for Female Leaders.
Right from the start, Desi put the participants at ease, defining a safe, open platform for us to be able to talk and share freely without fear of judgement. The session inspired a lot of reflection and self-realization. I had a moment where I could visualize myself as the leader I have always wanted to and it was a transformational moment for me!
This workshop was absolutely worth the investment. It is a great way to start a journey on empowering women in any organization.
1. Embracing uncertainty. The first step in every difficulty is accepting reality and acknowledging things outside of your control. You will learn how stop fighting or resisting uncertainty, thereby saving your energy and coming to peace with the situation.
2. Empowering yourself with the right mindset. How you perceive uncertainty makes all the difference on how you will experience it. This session explores the power of the mind and guides you to choose a more resonant mindset on uncertainty.
3. Focusing on your goal. You will learn and practice creative visualisation techniques to envision your goal and desired state of being in relation to uncertainty. Visualization is used by Olympic athletes as well as state-of-the-art medical centers to rewire the mind in a way that positively impacts the body.
4. Turning uncertainty into opportunity. Uncertainty and change are usually associated with limitations and loss. However, change also opens up new opportunities and limitations inspire creativity. This session explores how to make the most of uncertainty and capitalise on the opportunities.
5. Gratitude practice. By focusing on what we already have, rather than on what we need or want, we tune our mind to more positive wavelengths, making us feel happier and calmer. This session explores the scientifically-proven benefits of gratitude and equips participants with simple tools and exercise on how to practice it daily.
6. Balancing work and life. The objective of this session is to learn practical ways of managing work-life balance and enabling your team to do the same. We will explore what gets in the way of a balanced lifestyle and how to prioritize in order to be more fulfilled.
MENTAL & EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
1. Self-empowerment – taking ownership of your wellbeing. You hold the power to your wellbeing. This session explores the power of the mind and guides you to choose a more resonant mindset for your wellbeing
2. Mindfulness techniques and practices. Mindfulness is proven to alleviate the impact of chronic illness, anxiety and stress. You will learn simple tools and exercises to practice mindfulness, as well tips for continuing this sustainably at home.
3. Leveraging multiple intelligences to make better decisions. We have multiple sources of intelligence – our mind (logic), our gut (intuition) and our heart (values). Listening to and aligning them leads to more holistic wellbeing decisions. Practical exercise to connect and align mind-body-heart.
4. Building resilience. In times of uncertainty, the focus moves from overcoming one big challenge to continuously navigating change. Building resilience helps you to take a long-term view, manage your energy and persevere.
5. Managing your emotions. In this session, you will learn how to process your emotions in a healthy way, rather than being overwhelmed or suppressing them. You will also explore to hold paradoxical and contradictory feelings.
6. Staying healthy by better managing conflict. Managing conflict in a healthy manner is key for releasing mental and emotional pressure. Learn the different conflict management styles and how you can expand your range.
About the Facilitator
Certified Leadership Coach (CPCC, PCC)
Desi Jagger helps high potential leaders to sustain peak performance in times of complex change. She does this through 1on1 coaching and group workshops, equipping leaders with the right mindset and tools to bring out the best in themselves and others.
What makes Desi who she is? Besides her 7 year experience at Procter & Gamble leading diverse multi-functional teams, doing brand management, training and coaching, she is also a cancer survivor. She has seen how our thoughts can help us overcome the toughest challenges, she has experienced how we adapt to changes in our emotions, behavior and physical bodies and she knows how mental clarity and focus can power us through anything.
Desi has worked with leaders in companies like Johnson & Johnson, AkzoNobel, LinkedIn and more. She is a PCC (Professional Certified Coach) and CPCC (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) and is based in Dubai.
With Desi, you will get someone who respects the professional side of life and cares deeply for the personal. Her clients from all around the world walk away more self-aware, able to engage and more focused than when they began their coaching journey.
Desi has worked with clients from diverse seniority, industries and geographies.